Pile Design and Inspection Services
Alpha Adroit Engineering provides deep foundation services. A deep foundation is a type of foundation that transfers the structural loads to the deeper bearing starta (end bearing pile) or distributes the loads along the pile shaft (friction piles). In reality, both mechanisms (end bearing and frictional mechanism) contribute to the resistance capacity of pile foundations.
A foundation is considered a deep foundation when the depth of the bottom of the foundation (D) is more than 2.5 times (sometimes conservatively taken as minimum 4 times) the width of the bearing cross section of the foundation (diameter of the pile, "d", or the width of the deep footing, "B"). Some reasons when we would recommend a deep foundation over shallow foundation include when the design loads are very high, bearing soils at shallow depth are poor (such as existance of uncontrolled fill), there are site constraints such as property line restrictions, underpinning is required, slope stabilization using piles are required, burried lateral soil retention using piles are required, other special applications require using pile foundations.
Alpah Adroit's deep foundation services include pile design, design review, and pile inspection services for cast-in-place concrete piles, driven piles (steel pipe piles, H- Piles, concrete pre-cast piles, timber piles) using hammer and vibratory pile drivers, CFA (Continuous Flight Auger) piles, belled piles, fluted piles, helical piles (screw piles), Compacto piles (Franki Piles), heavy-duty caissons, micro piles, soldier piles, adfreeze piles, secant piled walls, tangent piled walls, burried slurry walls, sheet piles, under-reamed piles, pile groups, and pile caps.
Alpha Adroit Engineering Ltd provides construction Quality Assurance (QA) and Quality Control (QC) services to ensure the construction procedures and materials used for pile foundations conform to the design specifications and assumptions, as well as, to the proper construction practices. The QA/QC procedures will also examine the soil and rock conditions at the site at each pile location to ensure the design bearing capacity is achieved and avaiable to carry structural and other loads.
— Call us Toll Free: 844-4-ADROIT (1-844-4-237648 OR 1-833-4-237648) or please contact us here for more information.
Alpha Adroit Engineering Ltd accepts all sizes of projects and no job is too small or too big for Alpha Adroit. Alpha Adroit's servicesinclude:
- Pre-construction design review and organization
- Pre-construction site meeting and verification of pile layout and construction plans
- Driven piles: pile driving operation inspections (including also driving equipment: hammers, efficiency, etc), record keeping, pay items, and reporting
- Cast-in-place concrete piles: record keeping and reporting of all procedures for verification of soil and rock properties, groundwater and sloughing conditions, casing (if required), heating and insulation (if required), steel reinforcement, and concrete testing (air, slump, casting cylinders, curing and strength testing of concrete samples)
- Screw Piles (Helical Piles): verification of geometry and material, pile driving operation inspections (driving equipment, torque, load calibration), quality of operation, record keeping, pay items, and reporting
- Static Pile Load Testing
- Dynamic Pile Load Testing
- Dynamic pile analyzer and integrity testing
- Testing of laterally loaded piles
- Evaluation of field reports and verification of construction compliance with pile design
- Senior and peer review of reports, construction quality assurance and quality control (QA/QC), and project management
- Provision of advanced geotechnical engineering and technological consultation, site and project-specific risk assessment, provision of project-specific safety factor (WSD— Working Stress Design), provision of project-specific resistance factors (LRDF — Limit States Design), knowledge, design specifications, construction methodology, failure and performance criteria, and specialty testing procedures for unique projects
- Forensic, preventive, and remedial geotechnical engineering (failure investigation)
— Call us Toll Free: 1-844-4-ADROIT (1-844-4-237648) or please contact us here for more information.
We provide pile inspection services throughout Alberta, British Columbia, Saskatchewan, and Northwest Territories. We also provide services in international locations directed through our main office in Edmonton, Alberta. Major cities served include: Edmonton, Calgary, Red Deer, Fort McMurray (AB — Alberta), Vancouver (BC— British Columbia), and Saskatoon (SK— Saskatchewan).