Unconventional Solutions— Research and Development Services
At Alpha Adroit, we routinely use the generally accepted industry and local practices—the conventional solutions— when providing our geotechnical engineering, materials testing, concrete testing, soil compaction testing, and environmental consulting services to our clients. In many cases, these conventional solutions have been developed over many years and have worked well for the local geology, available local construction technologies and local worker skills.
At Alpha Adroit, we also appreciate state-of-the-art practices, innovative solutions, top-notch modern technologies, and expectation-raiser thinking —the unconventional solutions— to satisfy the demanding challenges of the industries we serve.
We grow our diversified global team of rare talents, inventors, professors, multi-discipline researchers, local experts, advanced numerical modeling and custom-designed laboratory and field testing technologies to effectively sense, interpret, analyze, model, and solve our clients' most challenging problems.
What distinguishes Alpha Adroit is our built-in culture for "lean and clean methods": making things more effective in achieving what they are intended to provide via eliminating unnecessary steps, by making things simpler, less costly, and faster. We create creative solutions by substituting, combining, adapting, magnifying, modifying, improving, putting to other uses, rearranging, reversing, eliminating, adding, and other methods.
Some of our innovative achievements and R&D interests are listed below:
- Inventing FRP piezometer for measuring pore-water pressure in partially frozen soils - Patent: United States Patent US 9,140,615 B2
- Inventing instrument for characterizing frost properties of soils for construction purposes (patent pending)
- Artificial intelligence algorithm for foundation design (patent pending)
- Developing project-specific and site-specific load and resistance factors for Limit States Design (LRFD- LSD)
- Developing practice procedures based on state of the art, best practices, and unique methods for special projects
- Geotechnical risk evaluation and mitigation for complex projects
- Enhancing and exploring applications of tire crumbs and other industrial wastes in civil engineering projects
- Developing and testing new construction materials and equipment
- Researching containment and remediation of Petroleum Hydrocarbon Contamination (PHC) in permafrost and cold regions
- Examining geomaterial properties at extreme environmental conditions
- Permafrost and frozen ground engineering
- Deep excavations and earth retaining systems
- Instrumentation and monitoring
- System development
- Geotechnical engineering investigation techniques for delta formations and artificial islands
- Data mining and development of databases for large data
- Coding artificial intelligence
- Genetic algorithm engineering
Share your challenging problems with us and have our innovative, multi-disciplinary team on your side to:
- provide you with alternative state-of-the-art solutions
- advance your Research and Development (R&D) project
- develop numerical codes for your particular engineering problems
- team up with you
— Call us Toll-Free: 1-844-4-ADROIT (1-844-423-7648) or please contact us here for more information.
We provide our research and development services in Alberta, British Columbia, Saskatchewan, and Northwest Territories. We also offer services in international locations directed through our headquarters office in Edmonton, Alberta.